Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

You might be a redneck...

If your family wants to camp in trailers in the middle of the desert and ride four wheelers and call it a vacation! haha...I'm just kidding, well sort of. Blake and I flew to Las Vegas the week before Thanksgiving to meet up with my family in Dumont. It has become the tradition to go to Dumont Dunes the week of Thanksgiving. This year they decided to beat the crowd and go the week before which meant that Blake and I could go. The paranoid part of me didn't want to go at first because I was too worried about how Blake would do on a plane, how he would do sleeping in the trailer with all the noise, and so on and so on. Then i decided that i will not be on maternity leave forever and that i shouldn't miss out on the chance to be with my family. so we went for it and Blake did great! the first plane ride was a success, it helped that Auntie Shawna was on the same flight on the way there. we spent the week watching all the little ones play in the sand, riding quads (I mostly watched), playing cards, and sitting around the camp fire. it was a very enjoyable week and I'm glad we made the effort to be there.

We had quite the set up!


Blake and the girls. What is on Giana's forehead and Caleigh's cheek you might ask? Fake tattoos, pretty huh?
On the north side of the dunes you can find the North Pole. The mailbox is filled with letters to Santa. So the girls had to put their letters in there too.
The weather was beautiful, pretty warm nights. The sky was so clear, I have never seen so many stars. It was amazing.
If you look closely, you can see Blake in the swing behind the flame rocking next to Grandpa.


Shawna and Caleigh out on the dunes.

No comments: