It hit me like a ton of bricks the other night that my baby isn't a baby anymore. I was putting Blake to bed, doing the normal routine. I was rocking him in his room and giving him his bottle, and it dawned on me...my days of rocking my baby to sleep are over. It's been over for awhile now. When Blake finishes his bottle he lunges for the crib and doesn't want to be held. This used to be my favorite time because he would lay on me and snuggle...I LOVED it. He is growing up so fast and it really broke my heart to realize that I will never get those younger days back. I came out of his room bawling...seriously, alligator tears running down my face trying to catch my breath. Sam thought I was losing it. He tried to cheer me up by saying, "don't worry you still have plenty of poopy diapers to change." Somehow that didn't make me feel better.
This past year has been such a blast...I love this little boy more than I ever imagined possible. Just stay little Blakers! Please, for Momma's sake!
2 comments:
Stace, Im in tears! You are so sweet! There will be many more cuddles and fun stuff to come. Yes those lil days are gone but thats why were so lucky to have cameras and camcorders to capture all of those little moments that mean the world to us! I've been reflecting alot latley and although I have like a million pictures and videos of her doing everything, it truly brings back the emotions and how stinkin proud we are of our babies! I know how you feel but as you've said before...it just keeps gettin better!!!
Aww!!! I think it's hard for all of us to realize that our babies aren't 'babies' anymore!! It's sad to think that those days are gone but we have lots of stuff to look forward to! :)
Post a Comment