Blake's birthday party was a huge success! Lots of friends and family, games, toys, yummy BBQ, cold drinks and cake...what more can you ask for. I was a little nervous to see how our little house was going to hold 60 plus people, but it worked out great. Luckily our back yard converts into a great entertaining yard. I was so busy running around, I sadly didn't get many pictures...next party I'm putting someone in charge of photos!





I didn't want the kids to get bored so we set up a bunch of things to keep them busy. We had a water table, a ball pit (thanks to Aunt Deb), a small jumpy house (thanks to Tom), and a water park. The kids were in heaven! I was happy to see them having so much fun.






For some reason I felt pressure to make Blake's first b-day cake. I felt it was a mothers duty to make the cake they destroy. Let me tell you I destroyed my oven trying to make this cake...it was a mess! I used to be able to bake, but for some reason I have lost my touch. but in the end I was happy with the result.

Blake didn't know what to make of the cake...he liked to poke it with the candles, but he wasn't too into eating it. I found this to be a HUGE surprise because he typically eats anything and destroys anything. who knew...





Birthday party: Take Two next weekend with the Baptista's!
4 comments:
What a great party!! Love the cake you made for him!! I feel the same way about making there personal cakes! Can't wait for the Baptista party! Always a good time!!
So fun!!! Your cake was adorable. I wish the kids birthdays were during warm weather, I'd love to do the water table and ball pit. Can't wait to see pics of the next party.
And I love your new font!
Stace, Summur would like to follow you blog if that's ok! Her email address is mrsbraley@gmail.com
Hey mama.........great blog! You have the cutest family, you are so blessed!
Great job on that cake!
Post a Comment