Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

All Banged Up

This poor kid has fallen on his face so many times, you would think I would be used to it.  But, I'm not.  This fall wasn't just any fall.  It was an infamous fall he took when he first started walking while he was on Sam's watch.  Me being the protective mom that I am got so upset with Sam for "letting him fall".  Well, this was payback time for mom.  Blake and I walked out our front door, typically Blake will wait for me to go down the cement stairs in the front of our house.  well this time, as I turned back to shut the front door, Blake bolted.  As I looked up, I saw him in the process of falling and then came the inevitable loudest thud as his poor little face smacked the concrete.  I immediately started bawling, I thought we were ER bound for sure.  No head could survive the noise I heard.  I was shocked to see his head was not split open...thank goodness!  Just a little banged up.  This boy is one tough kid...he sadly was holding me while I cried, all he wanted was down so he could play with his ball.  Go figure!

2 comments:

Penelope and Alex said...

OUCH!!! He's no humpty dumpty, thank goodness! Glad he's ok. xox

Jessa said...

Aw man! That is no fun, and I could hear the thump as you described it! I would have started crying, too! I hope he's feeling better and atleast got to play with his ball! Take care!