Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We did it!

I am proud to say we did it! Little Miss. Reese is sleeping in her own room! I thought it would take us a lot longer to feel comfortable with this, but we just decided it needed to be done and we have to trust she will be ok. To ease my fears we have a video monitor and the baby sense monitor on her crib. The fear will always be there, but I am proud of us and of Reese for doing so well thus far. I have to give my fears to God and be at ease...easier said than done, but I'm working on praying my fears away!

Little update for the "baby book". Reese has been giving us 5 hour stretches at night, with a one night exception of 7 hours! The best part about the 7 hour stretch is that I actualy slept too! At her 6 week appointment Reese weighed in at 10lbs 6oz and is now 22 inches! She just now reached her brothers length when he was born, and her head is still smaller than Blakes at birth! I have decided that Reese is our sweet & sour little girl! Mostly sweet but she has a strong cranky side. She can go from happy to very mad in the blink of an eye...typically all she wants when she gets in a bad screaming spell is food! She knows what she wants, that's for sure! Poor girl is also very gasy which I think relates to her fussiness and is a cause of over eating. So we are trying to go longer stretches between food time and not letting her breastfeed for as long. It does seem to be helping!

We are so in love with this little girl...everyone is! Jillian is so cute with her and is such a proud big cousin. She calls Reese her baby and is constantly saying she is so cute and ohh I love her. One day she was telling my mom all the people who love Reese and she said, " Blake loves Reese!" Made me tear up a little! It's hard not to picture what our family would be like if Blake was still with us...

2 comments:

marisa said...

Congratulations on taking that big step, although I am sure very, very difficult. She is such a good sleeper, wow. My daughter Isabella was gassy for the first three months. We found thar giving her warm baths helped, especially at night.

All the best,

Marisa

The J J Glenn Family said...

She sounds perfect. I have always wanted one of those video monitors. I am constantly checking on the babes and think it would be much easier if I could just roll over and look at a screen. Love ya