Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

6 months...yikes!

How in the world is this little girl 6 months old already?!?!  I have to say this is stirring up more emotions that I had ever imagined.  Now that Reese is no longer a "baby", I'm starting to fear the day she will become 19 months old...even more so the day she becomes 19 months and 16 days. That will be the day she is officially older than Blake.  I have absolutely loved having Reese join our family, I've thrived from it.  Part of the reason it's been so amazing is that it brings back so many positive and happy memories of our sweet boy.  I am already dreading the day she surpasses Blake's age.  As of now, I'm not fearful for her safety or health, I'm just sad that the "comparing" will come to an end. (funny, because comparing the 2 of them was one of my biggest fears before she was born.)  All of the "Blake used to do this" moments will be gone and I'll be left with the empty, I wonder what Blake would be doing.  That stinks...really not looking forward to that.  I feel like I've been in such a funk lately.  Blame the holidays approaching, blame it on going back to work, I couldn't tell you what is boils down to other than the obvious.  I really don't like myself when I feel like that.  It's not me.  I'm trying my best to pull myself out of it, but it's hard.  One of the things that helps is taking pictures of Miss Reese...she brightens my days every time!  I am so incredibly thankful that God has blessed us with this adorable, sassy, already opinionated, stubborn, perfect little child.  She is the worlds best medicine!

 I promise I didn't put fake lashes on her or plump her lips :)

Reese is rolling all over the place now.  She loves and I mean LOVES her Daddy.  I crack up at the longing gaze she has for Sam.  It's the cutest thing in the world.  The second they make eye contact, she gets the most adorable smile on her face.  It's priceless!  She is eating like a champ, taking after her brother with the joyful moaning in satisfaction as she eats.  I literally cannot get the spoon to her mouth fast enough.   Reese has perfected her core strength, she cannot lay flat on her back without lifting her head and legs into a pike.  Abs of steal this girl!  She is giggling at the silliest things.  Stranging to people she doesn't know.  Chews and drools on anything and everything.  Loves her toes and can actually get them to her mouth (Blake could never do that).  I know I'm forgetting things...but you get the picture, she is pretty much perfect :)

Oh and I'd like to report Reese is no worse for the wear after being sleep trained.   She is sleeping pretty darn good.  She doesn't cry when she gets put in her crib.  She does however roll onto her tummy to sleep now.  She is waking up anywhere from 2-5am, drinks a small bottle and goes back to sleep until 7ish.  Happy Momma!

2 comments:

The J J Glenn Family said...

Girl, I think babies are our medicine. I feel like my kids have saved me too. THey make things happy. Your little Missy is GORGEOUS. THose lips and eyes. Come on seriously. Love the color of her wall, love the bed spread or sheet she was laying on in the first pictures. Keep taking pics! THey are so good. ALways thinking about you. I took pics for Steph the other day and it made me miss you and our friday night sleep overs in jr. high. Love ya!

Braley Mama said...

my daughter Sinclair and I were looking at these pics of Reese, and she said " I want to go to her house and kiss her!" I told her so did I.
Love you sweet sister!
Jesus is with you and we are praying for you in TX :O)