Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

9 Months

I know I say it every month, but really...9 months...already?!?!  This sweet, and sometimes sour, little girl gives us such joy. Whether she is smiling, screaming, biting, scratching, or kissing she gives me so much to be thankful for.  Don't get me wrong, when she is being a stinker I want to pull my hair out, but she can quickly turn my frustration into adoration by one quick smirk and a big open mouth sloppy kiss.  She is pure love.  I'm at that stage with Reese where I feel like I couldn't possibly love her more, but yet everyday somehow that love has grown even more.  It's the kind of love where every little thing she does is simply the most amazing thing that has ever happened.  As if millions of kids haven't done it before her.  She is truly amazing and wonderful in her mother's eyes, as any daughter should be!

At 9 months Miss. Reese is trying to crawl...I keep thinking that any day she is going to take off.  But for now she is content semi crawling, rolling to get where she wants and getting herself to sitting with one quick sit-up.  She still isn't sleeping through the night, but I'm starting to just be OK with it.  It's comforting to hear her cry-out/talk in the middle of the night anyways and the excitement she shows when I go in her room to rock her is priceless.  She is on a sleep through the night every 3rd night pattern.  So we are getting there!  So far we have only heard dada and hi dad out of her mouth.  When I ask her to say mama she usually laughs with a big crinkle nose smile and then says dada.  Stinker! she does the cutest fake laugh to get your attention.  She is trying to clap her hands, or maybe she is signing "more"...either way it's pretty cute.  She screams for anything and everything she wants or thinks she needs so I'm trying very hard to push the sign language.  So far it's not working great, but patience and persistence will pay off. She loves reading books and playing peek-a-boo.  She is usually the one to instigate peek-a-boo by pulling her shirt up over her eyes then abruptly pulling it down and flashing us her cute smirk.  She is almost more of a daddy's girl than a mama's girl...I said, almost!  She loves daddy during the day, but wants her mama at bedtime.  She gives kisses on demand and anytime we show her herself in the mirror she kisses "the baby".  I'm glad she loves herself!  She has 4 teeth now, 2 on the top and two on the bottom.  She loves the bath.  She rarely sits still.  She thinks she can walk and doesn't want you to hold her hands when she is standing up.  She can pull herself to standing.  She is starting to wave hi and bye. And lastly, she is starting to refuse baby food or any food fed with a spoon (except yogurt). She wants to feed herself and eat whatever we are eating. This week she has gone crazy for avocados, sweet potatoes, chicken, peas, grapes and bananas.  She hasn't tried a food she doesn't like, except eggs and pancakes!  We are going to have to work on that.  How can you not like pancakes, Reese? I think that just about fills the baby book portion of the blog.

Now onto the fun part...new pictures!












Love you Reesie Girl!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

She is just beautiful!!!!!

Michelle Longacre said...

Wish we lived closer! I might have to borrow some of those cute clothes for Victoria! ;)