Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reese is One!

After Blake's first birthday party, we promised we would never go nuts and throw a huge first birthday party again.  Well, clearly things changed and I think we will forever celebrate birthday's with a bang! We are so thankful for the close friends and family who joined us to celebrate our sweet little girl's 1st birthday.   A golf buddy of Sam's photographed the party for us, I can't wait to get all of the pictures, but here is a little sneak peek for now...





Daddy was trying to lick off the icing...Reese was not having it!


I had such a great birthday weekend with my sweet little girl even though she was such a crankster on her party day and cried through nearly the entire party.  I blame the heat wave we had and the massive crowd of friends and family who celebrated her big day with us. 

Reese's 1 year update:

I love everything about this little girl.  She is by no means a quiet, laid back kid....she has spunk and you better believe she will let you know what she wants and particularly what she doesn't want.  I love the little fire she has and the little twinkle in her eye when she gets what she wants.  She literally never stops talking, I even find her talking in her sleep.  She jabbers like crazy, and when you jabber back she looks at you like "ok crazy lady, that is not what I am saying."  She is picking up new words all the time, and I think she is saying more than we are understanding at the moment.  She has to be in on the joke and join in with a fake, crinkle nose laugh when she hears someone else laughing.  She smiles every time she lays her eyes on Daddy...but she still wants Mommy 24/7.  She hugs and gives us a pat-pat on the back, and still gives huge big sloppy kisses on demand.  She is starting to bounce up and down to music (so incredibly cute).  Her favorite toy at the moment is her purse and any little toys she can fit in it, specifically the left over plastic Easter eggs.  She loves her stuffed animals, especially Panda and wants Mommy and Daddy to give Panda loves too.  She demands a bath nearly every night.  She has to be holding a bow or the temporal thermometer while she is getting her diaper changed (totally random, I know).  She says ALL DONE constantly and is starting the "this" that Blake always said.  We love and adore this girl to pieces....she, along with Blake, hold our hearts.  I am so incredibly thankful for the joy this little girl brings into our life.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Reese - Remembering always your big brother Blake x