Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Little Parrot

It's time to start choosing our words very carefully as this little girl is starting to repeat everything!  Everyday she is saying something new or repeating something I saw.  It's pretty impressive, well at least I'm impressed!  She has a pretty big list of words she can say, not all of which anyone but mom and dad can understand...but I have heard her utter the words:

Ball
Doggie
This
Bottle
Bath
Bubbles
Bye-Bye and Bye Guys
Hi and Hi Guys
Cado as in Avocado
Cheese
Nanna
All Done
Glasses
Bow
Towel
Shoes!!! (she is already infatuated)
Hat
Help (makes me think of Blakers)
Apple
Yes...Yep
No (thankfully this isn't a favorite word just yet)
Please and Thank You are iffy...but we are working on them
Go
KK
GG
Poppa
Bella
....and that's all I can think of at the moment other than Momma/Dada/Daddy/Mommy.

What amazes me the most about all the new words and how quickly she is starting to say things is how well she actually understands them.  When she hears me or Sam on the phone, starting to end our conversation by us saying, "ok, I'll talk to you later..." Reese immediately starts saying, "bye...bye-bye"!  It might seem like a simple thing, but it amazes me.  Kids are smart!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Aww - she's just adorable, and she is walking so well too!