Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where did my baby go?

I'm starting to have a hard time with the fact that Reese is 14 months old and becoming such a little toddler. She is talking so much and repeats anything and everything. From repeating things like "no way" to "hi mommy" to animal noises, this kid is too grown up for her age!  Last night during her bath she started pointing to her nose, eyes, and mouth saying each one while pointing to the right one!  She did this out of the blue without me prompting her. All I could think was, when did this happen? She was just my little baby who didn't know how to do anything but eat, sleep, poop and cry and she has turned into a walking talking toddler who now warns me when her diaper has poop in it!   We have entered the NO stage.  Any question I ask her, she replies with a sweet, drawn out "nooooo" with a little head shake.  Reese, is that a good snack?  Reese, did you miss Mommy today?  Reese, did you sleep good last night? Reese, do you want to go bye-bye?  All get answered with a big N-O these days.  It's pretty cute, I say cute only because it's a sweet no and not a sassy sharp no!

She is getting too big too fast...time needs to SLOW DOWN!!


I love this kids sweet slobbery kisses and her huggie pat-pat's!  She melts my heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Time is going way too fast and Miss Reese has turned into the most amazing little toddler all too quickly! She blew me away the other day!! Seems so much older than 14 months. We adore her! Xoxo, H

Susan said...

She is growing up so quickly! She looks so much like her brother. I think Blake was just a few days past 2 when he died, and I was wondering how you're feeling as she gets closer to that age.

Madeleine will be 1 in a few days, but her big sister was almost 4 when she died - so it will be quite some time off till that happens for us. As both Blake and Catherine were first borns, I suppose we will then be chartering new territory as parents who have never had an x year old before. I can't quite get my head round having a child older than my oldest....