Then Blake literally started to turn an orangish/yellow and I knew it was time to attempt making home made baby food so he could get some other colors in his diet...
To my surprise, I really enjoyed making his food. Now it's pretty much a weekly tradition and I'm getting much faster at it! It's so nice to know exactly what he is eating and it also helped give me an idea of how much he is eating. I could start to see that one bunch of cauliflower makes about 4 jars of baby food...which is GREAT! It makes me feel good to know he is eating healthy, yummy veggies. Zucchini, squash, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli create quite an odor in our kitchen on cooking day, but it's well worth it!
All of this...
Fits into these two jars!
My saving grace...ear plugs!
The next food to master is beef, chicken and tilapia....I gave beef a shot and it turned out well, but Blake is still trying to get used to the texture.



1 comment:
Isn't making your own awesome! Have you tried the ice cube tray trick? You pour the pureed food into the trays, freeze it, then you have single serving sizes ready to go! That way you don't have to defrost the whole jar and use it all before it goes bad!!!
Yea Blake for eating real food. I can't wait for that stage!
Post a Comment