Blake amazed me last night. He was beyond tired and ready for bed around 6:40. He was miserable, didn't want to be held, didn't want down, didn't want a ball, didn't want his sippy....all he wanted to do was go to bed and he told me this by flailing around on the floor arching his back and throwing the most impressive tantrum I have seen thus far. So I put him to bed...he was done! He drank his milk in his room while I rocked him, which is what we always do. After he is done with his sippy he typically lunges for the crib. Not this time. This time he grabbed onto me, found my face in the dark and gave me a big wet kiss on the lips and then lunged for his crib! Absolutely melted my heart...it's amazing to see him reflect his love. It's like he was saying
THANK YOU MOM FOR PUTTING ME TO BED!
I love you so much, my sweetest boy!
3 comments:
dont you just love it!!
Night time is either the best or the total worst, right? I can't wait to meet the little man. I have a sneaking feeling that they would get along almost too well! =) I call RJ my sweetest boy, too!
You got me all teary eyed. Such a sweet sweet story. I love moments like that.
Post a Comment