Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Sandbox is a Boys Best Friend

The last few trips to the park all Blake has wanted to do is to play in the sandbox, but we never have anything to play in the sand with.  So this time I packed up a bunch of sand toys and let Blake get down and dirty.  He was literally rolling around in the sand....he was loving it!  I love this little park, it's literally a 5 minute walk from our house and it's always empty!  Their are baseball fields right next to it and when a game is taking place all Blake wants is to be on the field with the big boys.  He will sit and watch in amazement and say "A Ball" OVER and OVER and OVER...can't wait until he can be playing ball with the big boys!


2 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Love his sweet face. Haven't stopped thinking about you Stace. My prayers and love are with you.

Hulst mommy said...

Stace. I've been wondering what to write. I just don't know. What do you say? I'm sorry just doesn't cover it.

I, like most people, have been praying for you and Sam. Between all the people I've asked to pray for you guys, there are people praying all the way from here to Kenya to Costa Rica.

I don't even know if that's a comfort amidst the pain you're dealing with. But I hope you can understand that God is control. He can get you through this, even though it will not be painless or easy. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that Blake is the best possible place anyone could ever be...heaven. He is rejoicing with angels at the presence of the Lord.

As a mom, I'd be selfish and say who cares, I'd rather have him with me! But God had a plan for him and he still has one for you and Sam, which is why you are still here. God never gives us anything we cannot withstand. Even though we may be convinced otherwise.

I pray that you see God's hand in this and that somehow, someway you feel His grace and protection. He wants you to be strengthened through this, for your attention to be brought back to Him. Your life has a purpose and He can't tell you what that is unless you submit your life to Him.

Please know that Brandon and I would happily get in the car and head over to see you guys if you needed us to. In the meantime, we will keep praying.

My heart aches, but I know it's nothing in comparison.

1 Corinthians 10:13-No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able

I don't know about you, but when I'm dealing with things I like to listen to music. If you want to...Brandon Heath's song Love Never Fails is an awesome song.

I wish I could hug you right now.

<3 Kori