Friday: April 2nd- Good Friday
I was so excited to learn that my office was closing early for Good Friday. We got the news Thursday afternoon that they were closing the office at 1pm. I had everything ready and packed for myself and Blake so we could hit the road at 1:05 sharp to head to the valley to be with my family for Easter. Blake spent Friday morning with Gramma White and danced around like they always do, playing every musical toy in the house. At 1 o’clock she dropped off Blake and we loaded up the car and were on our way. Blake slept the whole car ride home. When we got to Modesto we met Gramma Baptista to do a little shopping. Blake got a special treat for being such a good boy in the store, a fake battery powered hamster (have you seen these things? It’s my kind of pet). When we made it to Poppa and Gramma’s Blake was so thrilled to be home! The first thing he started asking for as we pulled in the driveway was “a ball”. He could see the shop door open and he knows there is a bucket of golf balls just for him. After about the 10th time of saying “a ball”, he saw Poppa walk out of the shop towards the car. He screamed “Poppa, YEAH!!!” so loud. Then proceeded to kick and wiggle in his car seat until I got him out. Once he was out he ran straight to Poppa’s arms and said, “Hi Poppa!”. I LOVE how much he LOVED my Dad. It always melted my heart to see the two of them interact.
This picture of Poppa & Blake was from Christmas, but I love how it shows my Dad looking at Blake. He was so proud of him.
Saturday: April 3rd
Saturday was a packed day of seeing friends & family. We started off the day by going to the Hughson Easter egg hunt. Blake did not know what to make of this whole event. He was a little spooked by all the people and by all the kids running everywhere. He didn’t pick up a single Easter egg, but Poppa snatched a few for him. It was a short lived event, but we did get to see some old high school friends and their children which is always fun. After the hunt we were invited to Keith and Tamie’s house for lunch and an Easter egg dying party. Tammie had a great set up for the kids and we let them go at it! Blake took the whole thing very serious, but he was the last kid standing. As we were picking everything up, he was still sitting there with a spoon in one hand and his other hand soaked in a green cup dying his eggs. We laughed and called him the Hulk the rest of the day because his hand was solid green that would not come off. Blake got to run around with Caleigh, Giana, Sydney, Ciara, Noah, Jax & Kate. He was having a blast in their back yard: swinging, going down the slide, throwing balls around, shooting hoops, going on riding toys, you name it they have it in their back yard. He even got to have 2 of Tamie’s cookies…he was loving it! After lunch, we went back to Gramma’s for a nap. While Blake napped, Shawna, Caleigh and myself went to get pedicure for Caleigh’s birthday. Giana didn’t want to go because she wanted to be with Blake, so she stayed at home with Gramma. That night we had dinner at home with Jason, Leslie & Jill. Blake and Jill always gave each other the cutest hugs when they got together. Aunt Leslie had Blake laughing so hard at the silliest thing, sliding a water bottle on the table. He thought it was a riot!
Sunday: April 4th- Easter
My parent’s church was having a little Easter egg hunt before church service at the park across the street. We got there in time for it which was amazing. Pastor James gave the kids a lesson before the hunt and while he was talking I let Blake roam around a little. He happened to pick up one of the eggs and a little boy who was probably 4 yelled out, “hey that’s not fair, he’s getting the eggs”. Pastor James said, “Don’t worry about him, he’s just a little boy”. Once the lesson was over, the kids were off and in about 30 seconds nearly all the eggs that were close by were gone. Blake and I walked to the end of the grass to try and get some eggs. This time around Blake was into it. An older boy came over and dropped a bunch of his eggs on the grass so Blake could pick them up and put them in his basket. With the help of that little boy, Blake was able to fill his basket. My cousins we were working nursery so Blake spent church in the nursery playing with all the kids. After church we went to my Aunt Sharon & Uncle Eddies house, they have hosted Easter every year for as long as I can remember. Blake had a blast playing peek-a-boo with his cousins around this little pillar. He was laughing so hard...it might have been because he was delirious from not having a nap. My Uncle's brother-in-law kept pinching Blake's cheeks and making him laugh every time. We were all cracking up because he doesn't even know the guy that was doing it, but Blake didn't care, he laughed and smiled anyways. Always a happy kid. We left around 4pm to drive back to Novato to see Mike, Lib & Lili.
We made it to the deSurville's around 6pm. Mike was hosting Easter dinner for his family, so the whole crew was there. We had a great ham and potato dinner, shared some good laughs and just had a normal great night at their house. Blake and Lili sat and watched one of their favorite kid shows while the adults could set and enjoy dinner. I remember holding Blake in my arms and sitting on the couch thinking how much I love this boy. Kissing his cheeks every two seconds, he was nice and tired and just let me hold him and cuddle. It only happened when he was tired, so I was trying to soak it up. Reality hit that it was a Sunday and work was around the corner, so we said our goodbye's and headed home. We got Blake ready for bed, sang the normal night-night song, gave him some motrin because he was running a little fever, rocked him in his chair with his sippy of milk, kissed him goodnight and whispered, "Goodnight sweet boy, I love you". around 10:30 he cried out a little so Sam went in to pick him up and settle him down. Looking back, I am fortunate for this because when it comes to bedtime Blake typically doesn't want anything to do with Sam, it's Momma time. So Sam was able to get in his hugs and kiss him, and lay him back down. Little did we know that this would be the end. It seems so cruel, but I am trying to surrender to the fact that we are not in control. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, I just don't know what that reason is. Someday when it's my time to go, I will find the reason. The words I have always believed seem more important now than ever. The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.
Monday, April 5, 2010
God called home his perfect son
Until we meet again...
My Sweetest Boy, I Love You With All My Heart and More, Much More.

8 comments:
I was pleasantly surprised to see a blog entry. I have been thinking about you and Sam constantly.
We continue to pray for strength and comfort for you guys. It does seem cruel. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
I would encourage you to read Isaiah 55:8-12. It begins with "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD."
The only comfort I can find in it is that even if one person comes to know the Lord because of Blake's amazing life, pure joy, and immeasurable love...that is a blessing. But knowing how many people he touched and how incredibly awesome the celebration of his life was at the funeral, it will probably be more than one. At least that is my prayer.
I have a picture of Blake in the house. Although half the time I cry when I look at it, the other half I just smile. I laugh when I remember the videos and stories from this blog. And I remember that life is short, there are no guarantees.
My heart is absolutely broken and I still search for words or comfort of some sort to give you. I know you are strong and it seems that the Lord has blessed you with an amazingly supportive husband. And for that I am grateful!
I miss you, think about you every day, and will continue to pray as long as you need me to!
<3 Kori
Thank you so much for sharing this Stacey! I think about you guys all the time and still continue to pray for you...
I have to tell you that after seeing you at the Egg Hunt my mom and I had a long conversation about how Blake is the most adorable little boy ever and how happy and easy going he was everytime I would run into you!
I hope you and Sam are doing ok! Love you guys!!
Tanya
Stacey-
I too, have thought about you constantly!!! I cannot even begin to imagine what you've gone through in the past few weeks! What a blessing that it was Easter weekend & you were taking so many pictures of Blake! This was the sweetest post! You were such a great Mom to Blake! I hope that you can continue to remind yourself that you & Blake will meet again someday! I hope you & Sam can continue to stay strong & I will continue to pray for your strength! I love you Stacey!
I guess you have to keep on breathing right? Stace, this was such a beautiful blog post. Thanks for sharing. He is one Gorgeous little boy and if he looks anything like what your future babies might look like I think you need to have 10 more little Blakes. I too know in my heart you will hold your sweet boy again someday. He really is in good hands. I LOVE YOU and seriously haven't stopped thinking, worrying, and praying for you and your husband. Love you Stace!
Stacey,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful memories of your sweet little guy.
Thinking of you and praying for continued strength for you and Sam.
-Jessi Wynn
"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. 'Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.'
The Lord replied, 'My precious, precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.' "
Oh, Stacey, How my heart continues to break for you. Your little boy is so beautiful and sweet! I pray that God will continue to give you comfort! Your last few days with your son were amazing to read. I'm so glad that you had such quality time with him and with all of your family. May God's strength help you and hold you now and forever!
I am so glad to hear about the great weekend you had with him, Stacy! How wonderful that he got to see so many of his favorite people. :) I, too, was so pleasantly surprised to see a new post; anytime you want to post memories I would love to read about them! You are truly an inspiration to me to live each day to the fullest and I just want to tell you thank you so much for sharing your life with us! Take care!
Praying for you guys. Blake just must have been the sweetest thing ever.Thank you for sharing his story on this blog.Hoping and praying that you may have peace. HUGS!
Post a Comment