Not a day has passed where we haven't stopped in our tracks for a moment to think of Blake. Sometimes the memories are filled with tears and disbelief, and other times we just smile, take a deep breath and sigh. I still find myself thinking this can't be real...I know it is in reality, but it's so hard to grasp still. It's amazing how many little Blakey-isims I remember, yet I can watch a video that I haven't seen in a while and be reminded of something he used to do and be in disbelief that I have forgotten. I still feel close to him which I am beyond grateful for, I pray that never fades. Every night before I say my prayers, I say good night to Blake and tell him how much I miss him and love him. I always end the conversation saying, I hope to see you in my dreams tonight. My dreams of Blake, though few and far between, are the most precious things I have. I can't wait until I can hold him in my arms again and see that sweet, sweet smile in person.
A friend of a friend emailed us a few weeks ago and shared her vision on Heaven... "I like to think that in Heaven, time is irrelevant -- days and years fly by in a blink - and so, to those already there, it will seem like no time at all before they are reunited with their loved ones. Blake will blink, and there his mommy will be. It is infinitely harder for those that are left behind. And so, as his mom, you've taken the harder path - you are the one here, who needs to get through each day, while Blake enjoys the beauty of Heaven. Bless you for that."
We love you Blakers!
3 comments:
What a perfect picture. Thinking of you all.
What a beautiful image of heaven...one that I believe is truly accurate. While you and Sam were not given a choice in taking the harder path, in your darkest hour you chose to make a promise to honor Blake in all the ways you do - each day, every day. Blake's innocence, spirit, personality, and smile will forever be remembered by all who have been touched by his brief time on earth.
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 18
stacey and sam.
Your Aunt Sharon forwarded your blog to me and I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often. I know that everyday is difficult in its own way, but the holidays and special days are especially hard because there is a hole that is most apparent on these days. I so admire your writing ability - you seem to be able to convey your feelings so well. I don't have that skill, but I just wanted you to know that you both are in my heart and I pray that you are weathering these days well. Please take care of each other.
Love, Penny C
Post a Comment