It's hard to believe that our little Missy Moo is already 3 weeks old. Reese started off a little unsure about this world. I don't think she was quite ready to come out. it's has to be a harsh reality to be taken via c-section, out of the blue, instead of on her own time. After we rounded her actual due date of May 1st, she started to become more content. with each day I know what she wants a little more and have found that she is really a pretty content baby! She is breastfeeding like a champ, from day 1 she latched on without any problem. I am so thankful! She is sleeping great, I hate to even say this, but the last 5 nights she has gone to bed around 10 and slept until 3, nursed and gone back to sleep until 7!!! Keep it up baby girl!!! Momma is loving your schedule and enjoying the sleep while it lasts!
It took nearly 3 weeks for her little belly button to heal completely, so we have only given her a couple sponge baths. I think Daddy and I will attempt the first real bath tonight. The sponge baths went so-so. At first she screamed, but by the end she settled down. She loved the warm water on her feet!
We have already made two trips to the valley to see the whole family. Reese has been a great little traveler and seems to enjoy the chaos and smothering that takes place while we are there! Today is our first day officially on our own since Reese has been born. We were lucky to have Grandma Baptista staying with us to help out while I was recovering. My mom is a Super Mom when it comes to things like this. I don't know where she gets her energy, but she seriously never stops cleaning or picking up or doing laundry. Sam and I both appreciate all she did for us while she was here. I hope that someday I will be able to do the same for Reese. Thank you Mom, we love you...I know you will not be able to stay away for long so please come back anytime you want!
1 comment:
So glad to hear everything is going well! She is so beautiful. Hope that sleeping streak sticks around for you!!
Post a Comment