Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Blake's 3rd Birthday

Yesterday should have been Blake's 3rd birthday.  Days like this always make my heart sink because it's so hard to picture what might have been.  I find myself trying to picture what he would look like now and what he would be saying and doing.  I start to make things up in my mind like, he would be potty trained, he would be talking in complete sentences, he would be such a great loving smothering big brother, he would be our pride and joy...he still is our pride and joy...I love talking about him more than ever and every picture we have of him brings a huge smile to my face.  I selfishly wish he was here with me, but he is ultimately where I want all of us to be someday.

We continued the tradition of sending balloons to Blake for his birthday that was started by a friend last year.  Sam and I couldn't be more pleased with how the whole event went.  It was so moving, and touching, and inspirational, and emotional, all the things it should be.  I loved reading all the sweet messages everyone wrote to Blake.  We decided to have the balloon release at the golf course, one of Blake's favorite places, but in particular on the 9th tee.  Our very dear friends, Jim and Katie, generously gave us the best gift.  They had a bench placed on the 9th tee in honor of our little man.  Jim wanted the bench to be placed on the 8th green, where Sam had his first, and only thus far, hole in one which happened after Blake passed away.  Blake definitely helped Daddy out that day :)...they ended up placing the bench on the 9th tee instead simply because the setting is absolutely breathtaking.  it's on a high point of the golf course, overlooking the 8th hole...it's beyond perfect.  Sam and I are so grateful to have this serene place to go and sit and remember our sweetest boy.

Jilly loves Blakey

Mischievous Teddy

Heading out to the 9th tee

Passing out the balloons

Blake's bench

Sam giving a little speech for his boy

Love this picture of my mom and dad

Happy Birthday Buddy

Up, up and away

Heaven bound

Reese cheering up Grandma

Katie making me laugh as always

This picture makes me laugh...it takes multiple people to keep Reese happy :)

WE LOVE YOU BLAKERS!  
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY BIG STUFF!
XOXOXOXOXOXO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Stacey! I wish I could have been there to help you continue this tradition. It is truly amazing how strong you and Sam have been...are...and will continue to be; if for no other reason but because you don't have another option. XO

Tanya said...

absolutely precious Stace!! <3 xoxo

The J J Glenn Family said...

I love that your friends bought a bench at the 9th hole for you guys so you can always go and spend time there, alone. Looked like a perfect day. I love this tradition you started.Love you Strong Mama.

Gina said...

This is so beautiful Stacey. It makes me smile to think of the friendship you have with Katie & her family, and as much as I wish she lived on this coast with me, God knew what He was doing placing her there with you. I love to check in and see how you're doing on the blog. I love hearing stories of Blake and can't believe how big Reese is getting already! Such beautiful children you have. xxxooo - Gina