Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HELP

SOMEBODY
 PLEASE
 HELP
 ME!!!

I'm constantly living in spit up and smelling like it too.  All you moms out there, is this really normal?   I know they always say it looks like a lot more than it actually is...but this seems like so much to me.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm sorry.
I know your pain.
I really dont have anything to offer. Except to keep her up after feedings (upright not up) and lots of burps even though she won't want to stop eating I'm sure.
I used to think Megan puked abnormally. Then she got a stomach flu with big sister. Maybe 6 months at the time. I literally bathed in puke. Hot steamy vomit. She wasn't eating real food so hot steamy curdled breast milk. I realized oh... ya that was nothing when she was younger LOL

Jenny said...

I used to put a towel over myself until I realized it was futile. They will spit up whenver you are not expecting it. Love that smell... oh yea.......... I"M SORRY MAMA!

Hulst mommy said...

Ok since I don't know everything you've tried I'll throw everything I've got at you! :)

I don't know if you remember my spit up woes with Lane on the the blog. I was convinced it was GUR or something. It ended up being my milk consumption. I know you're nursing but have you adjusted your diet at all? If not, let me warn you...it's HARD. :)

It may not even be cows milk that you drink that is the issue. But it's worth a try. I cut out milk and dairy for a week and noticed a difference very quickly.

Thankfully I was able to add yogurt and cheese back in soon after just not in big amounts. But I could not drink milk!! And I love milk.

I think I went 2 or 3 months and added it back in, and Lane was fine. His tummy just wasn't mature enough to break it down.

If you've tried that and that isn't it...it could be foods you're eating, or like your friend mentioned you may need to keep her upright for 15-20 minutes after each feeding (I had to do that with Kailyn).

I'm assuming you've tried the gas drop route?

I'll keep thinking and ask around and see if we can help your little Miss (and you) out :)

Tanya said...

Raegan used to spit up/throw up profusely!! The whole bottle would come up almost everytime. After she finally grew out that I had a few moms tells me to burp them after every once they eat. Which seems often but it helps them keep it down. If you are nursing I forget how fast they eat an ounce. But it may be worth a try :)

The J J Glenn Family said...

Stacey, one of mine did that alot. I nurse my kiddos until they are like in kindergarten(not really), but I forgot when it stopped. You might want to do smaller feedings. Nurse every hour and a half, but not so much at a time. Her tummy is still maturing and maybe you just have an awesome, large amount of breast milk and she is getting way too much in a feeding.

I know some Moms have to adjust their diet, but I never once did. It seemed to tricky and hard to me.

I will ask my Man ( now a Dr.) and see what he says or suggests.
Sorry and good luck. I can smell that smell just as Im typing this.

Chraycee said...

Stacey - It's Tracey (Holveck)Clark. Jillian used to throw up chunky stuff like that. Her doc put her on some meds (I think Ranitidine in a suspension) and it helped some. I also used copious amounts of gas drops. There are almost no pics of her without a bib on because the spewage was so copious and frequent. She also cried A LOT. Rosemary would always tell me "Tracey, your baby cries a lot." every time she came to clean LOL. I feel for you Mama. Talk to you pediatrician - you can always give it a try and if it doesn't work you'll know you gave it a shot.