In less than a week, I am headed back to work. The thought of this is stressing me out so much. I had hoped to have Reese on a good schedule by now and it's just not happening. She is a very unpredictable baby...super happy when she is happy, but she can also be cranky and out of sorts. She goes from waking up once a night, to waking up every two hours, or waking up 5 times before 5am like last night! I still think she has some tummy issues with all her gassiness and awful spit up. Her spit up wouldn't bother me if it was just fresh milk, but it's typically chunky and seems to really upset her. I am trying a new formula today because when I go back to work I need her to be on formula during the day and breast milk morning and night. I am really hoping the new formula makes a difference because if it doesn't, I'm completely out of ideas. I hope that in this last week we can make some progress and figure out what works best for Reese. If I can get her drinking formula better and sleeping more consistently, I would feel much better about things...just wish I had more time.
I hate that I have to leave her, but I also know I don't have a choice so I am trying to embrace it. I am trying to remind myself that daycare was such a great thing for Blake. I really think it made him the social kid that he was. I just have such strong fears and sadness about leaving Reese. Sam reminded me yesterday that I had the same fears with Blake and he did just fine at daycare...I pray Reese adjusts easily and falls into a good routine. Reese will be going to the same daycare as Blake did. Our very dear friend runs an intimate daycare out of her home. I know she loves Reese so much and she will be in the best of hands. I couldn't be more thankful!
Trying to stay positive and enjoy my last few days as a stay at home Mommy!
5 comments:
I'm not sure if I should say this - really don't want to upset you or make things any worse!
I'm not surprised you're stressed. It must be a cultural norm that mums goes back to work sooner than UK mums, but 4 months seems very early to me. My daughter is 4 weeks today, and I will take at least another year. So I think most mums would find this hard...
But I know my feelings about day care and work have changed a lot since my elder daughter died. We're not the same people we were. Just because you managed ok with Blake doesn't mean you can do it with Reese.
Take care and be gentle with yourself - could you maybe do a shorter week or shorter days for a while? Thinking of you and sending you lots of love x
Just a couple of suggestions- Have you tried gas drops or Gripe Water with her? It made a huge difference for Carson. I wish I would have done it with Raegan! She was a lot more cranky and fussy...
It's always hard to have to leave them so soon and go back to work! I can imagine that you are extremely stressed! I'm so sorry! It's definately not an easy thing to do but I hope that you have an easy transition this week! <3
Cooper had reflux as a baby and had to take Prevacid. Maybe reflux could be part of her tummy aches??
As hard as it is to make this transition, it sounds like Reese will be in the best of hands...both your daycare and GOD'S. XO
Keep up the good work mama! Sorry she is having tummy issues, praying it will soon pass! Praying for you!
Thank God for washing machines to get all that stink out of my clothes. If I had to wash everything by hand that my daughter threw up on, I'd have time for NOTHING else. :) Love you and praying for you!!
Michelle (Vierra) Longacre
Post a Comment