Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Aloha Paradise

If their is one thing we have learned, it's that you have to live life and be thankful for your time with loved ones. So we did just that and went on an amazing vacation to Hawaii.

We decided to fly on Blake's birthday.  At first I was ok with the idea, but as it grew closer I felt as if we had made a mistake and felt guilty that we weren't going to be home. I wanted to be able to continue the tradition of the balloon release at Blake's bench on the golf course.  That was supposed to be our special thing, and with Reese a year older it would have been great to see her reaction to the balloon release.  She probably would have been kicking and screaming because she would want the balloons in her hand and not floating in the air out of reach! The day before Blake's birthday, I semi came to terms with not being able to do the balloon release, of course still feeling guilty and feeling like I let him down. I had to remind myself once again that it's not the exact day that matters, it's everyday doing my best to keep Blake's memory in our daily lives.  Keeping Blake close to our hearts, we were on a plane destined for some much needed time with our little miss Reese Blakely.  Blake had to be watching over us, our travel day went very smoothly.  Reese did exceptionally well on the plane (the way there was great, the way home was another story)!  I didn't even need all of the toys and such that I brought with us.  She didn't sleep a wink on the flight there (or home)! Reese must have known it was a special day for Blake, because she kept kissing his picture on my phone and my necklace and saying "hug" while pulling his picture to her chest and rocking side to side.  Precious! Once we got settled in at the hotel, I checked facebook and my heart sank.  Tears automatically filled my eyes as the first post I saw was from our sweet friend, Katie.  She knew how I was feeling about leaving on Blake's birthday so she took it upon herself to do the balloon release on her own.  I am so very grateful for Katie and her whole family, and for her everlasting friendship.  Love them all!



At sunset on the last day of our trip we took some time to write Blake's name in the sand and watch the sunset...



We enjoyed our time in paradise...we didn't do much other than beach it, relax, and take it all in. In our opinion, we did exactly what you are supposed to do in Hawaii. It took Reese a while to warm up to the ocean, but once she did she had fun playing in the sand and running in and out of the ocean.  We learned a few things about this girl during our time together.  She loves kids...from the moment we got there she was asking for kids non stop.  I think she was bored with just Sam and I and needed some friends to play with. Luckily Caleigh and Giana filled that roll once they got there. Every time she heard a kid or baby cry, she would say..."Cry, baby, weee-weee" (while pretending to rub her eyes as if she is crying).  It's hilarious! She learned all about PASTA, SAUSAGE and BACON...she now asks for pasta at every meal which is not so great. She was pretty fearless in the water and even went down the water slide at the hotel by herself, laughing and squealing the whole way down! She had no problem floating in and out of the ocean, it was very cute to watch.

Shawna, Aaron and the girls joined us for the majority of the trip.  It was so nice to not only get to hang out with them, but to have the girls to entertain Reese was priceless!  She loves her Shaw-Shaw, KK, GG, and Uncle.  We kept trying to get her to say Uncle Aaron, and every time we asked her she would respond with Uncle Ja.  I didn't even know she could say Uncle Ja!  I bet you feel pretty special now, don't you Jason!

Looking through our pictures makes me want to already be back on the beach...I'm very thankful we were able to go on this vacation.








The beautiful Napili Bay














Caleigh and Giana writing Blake & Ciara's names in the sand, with a large infinity loop around both.





The morning after we got home, it was back to reality and we had to wake Reese up for daycare so we could head to work.  As I was getting her dressed, she said, "swimsuit, swimsuit"...Sorry baby girl, no swimsuit today.

No comments: