Reese had a very big weekend of milestones. First off she got rid of the bottle....and wait for it...she went pee in the toilet!!
About 3 months ago I attempted to take the bottle away. It didn't go so well. Reese cried so hysterically that she made herself throw up. After she puked, I immediately gave in and made a bottle. I had zero intention of trying that again. After spending a weekend at my parents house while Sam and I were at a wedding in Portland, Reese became used to having milk in her sippy. Something that never happened at home. Suddenly every time I gave her water in her sippy she would ask for milk. At first my thought was, thanks a lot mom now she won't drink water. Then I thought, she thinks she is big stuff to get milk in a cup so maybe I can play into this. It worked like a charm. I literally just asked Reese before her nap if she wanted milk in a cup, and without hesitation she went for it. That was it...no fuss...no more bottle!
Saturday morning Reese heard Sam or I mention something about a bath or shower and Reese decided she had to take a bath right then and there. Since she pretty much rules the roost, we headed down the hall and started a bath. As Reese was in the bath water, she looked at me and said, "pee-pee"...I asked if she had to go, and she said ya....I asked if she wanted to go on the potty like a big girl, and she said ya....so I got her out of the tub, sat her on her special Minnie toilet seat and not even 5 seconds later she went pee! It shocked her at first, but then she wanted to see more and wanted to wipe all by herself. I was very proud of her for knowing she had to go, holding it in the bath, and actually going in the toilet!
1 comment:
Good job Reese - what a clever girl!
Post a Comment