Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Capture Your Grief- Days 6 & 7

Day 6- What Not To Say

Simple....Nothing....saying anything is better than saying nothing at all.  It was incredibly hard to see people for the first time after Blake passed away and have them say nothing at all.  To have them act like nothing happened was the biggest insult to me and to Blake.  So, my advice, say something....anything....

Day 7- What To Say

The one thing I wanted to hear was/is, I'm thinking of you.  Those simple words mean they haven't forgotten, and they care.  We were at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and I met a couple for the first time, as soon as I introduced myself they said, "We know who you are and we heard about your little boy.  We are so sorry for your loss. We said a number of prayers for you and your family."  simply amazing....that is what I want to hear.  I want to know and be reminded that Blake has touched so many people.  Hearing this gives me strength and it truly does carry me through knowing that people care.

1 comment:

Penelope and Alex said...

Still think of him -Blake- often, fondly and sadly, and I think of you and Sam and Reesey, hope you're doing ok, and send you love and healing sympathy...