Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

TWO

Oh this little girl...she has her Mommy and Daddy wrapped to tightly around her little finger.  Our baby girl is TWO.  It's so hard to believe two years have already gone by, I honestly have no idea where the years went.  Reese's birthday is yet more proof that time keeps moving no matter what happens in life.  We adore this little girl and she bring such joy to her parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends.  She is definitely a special little girl who has the spunk and personality to keep everyone on their toes and wanting more.

It's been awhile since I've documented anything in Reese's baby book.  In fact, her actual baby book hasn't been filled out since she was 5 moths old...bad Mommy.  I always say to myself, I'll remember that...well, obviously things are forgotten as the days and months pass on.  I do want to write down a few key things that I don't think I've documented just yet.  Please excuse the lack of orderliness.

Reese at 18 Months:

- Talking in mini to complete sentences
- Learned all her colors (including black, brown and white) and shapes (except for rectangle, she still has a hard time with that one).  She was eating a small sliced piece of an apple one day, and she held it up with her little fingers and was looking at it so seriously.  She looked up at me and said, "It's a triangle."!  I was completely shocked and had no clue her knew her shapes, so I started to quiz her and sure enough she knew them.
- Had all her teeth by 18 months old (yes, including her two year molars)!  No more teething for us baby!!
- Around this age she started to memorize her books.  If I stopped reading at any word, she would say the next word.  Her mind is such a sponge!  This is when I really wish we knew a second language because I think she would soak it up so easily.

My Favorite Reesie things:

Listening to her talk...she comes up with the cutest things and it makes my heart all warm and fuzzy.  She pretends all the time, and if she is doing something she shouldn't, her response is always, "ok, just pretend."  I love watching her play.  She is good at sharing when she wants to, not so much when another child makes her.  She will hand me something and say, "this is yours, and this is mines."  I really do love her bedtime routine, but some nights its a challenge.  we read books, which she never wants to stop reading...then before she turns off the light, we have to read this little blessing that hangs right above the light switch.  It says, bless this room and the child who dwells here, growing and playing, sleeping and dreaming.  She giggles the entire time I read it and then says, "Again!  One more time!".  Once the light is finally off, we rock and chit chat for a bit until she is ready to lay down in her bed.  She usually wants to sing songs, and she wraps every song she knows into one long pieced together song.  I love listening to her mind work.  Then she will tell me she is ready to be covered up, and I lay her down and tuck her in.  Her new thing is to stall going to bed.  The other night, after I laid her down she popped her head up and said, "Mommy, Mom", yes Reese, "ummm....maybe tomorrow I play my sandbox?"  Sure, Reesie no problem.  She quickly moves to the next request, "Mommy, Mom...tomorrow I go Poppa Gramma's house ....".  

Cute Things She Has Said:

She says, thanks, thank you, oh thanks, thank you very much all the time. I must say she really has very nice manners for her age.

If I sneeze or cough she always says, "Bless you Mom".  One night I let out a little burp and Reese said, "Excuse you Mom".  Too cute!

TMI, but Sam passed gas rather loudly in front of Reese and she said, "WHOA that's a big one!" Anytime she talks about something being big or heavy she says it in this deep raspy voice and she tucks her chin back and down almost as if she is grunting...it's hilarious.  (sorry Sam)

She asked to see the baby or to "open it", so I lifted up my shirt so she could see my belly and she responded with, "Oh my WORD!!! Oh my GOSH!!!", it was priceless.  Thanks Reese for making me even more self conscious about the size of my belly!

Reese saw a plane in the sky with the white streaks, well Reese said, "Look a plane on a string!"

The day of her birthday, I picked her up from daycare and on the ride home I reminded her of the friends coming over to play and told her Daddy was setting up a pool in our backyard and she could go swimming with her friends.  She told me, "sounds fun Mom".  Then asked, "what we eat?", so I told her yummy pizza and then birthday cake.  She responded, "I don't want yummy pizza, just birthday cake!"

The poor girl cannot make up her mind, especially when she is hungry or tired.  She has the Baptista Syndrome....it's not fun, I can sympathize.  It goes a little something like this.
Me: Reese, do you want crackers
Reese: Yes, I want some
Me: ok I'll go get them
Reese: NO!!!! I don't want crackers anymore

Since we call her Reesie Girl, I am officially Mommy Girl and Daddy is Daddy Boy!

We have entered the "why" phase.  I answer the first couple, but if I ignore she usually responds with "because, Mom?" as if asking another question.

Sam tried to get Reese to call his brother Nathan, Uncle Baldie because he is in fact bald like Sam.  Reese decided to call him Uncle Eagle instead.  Her only association to bald is a bald eagle.  Pretty cute if you ask me!

She calls Sleeping Beauty, Sleeping Cutie.

I asked her if she wanted to meet Daddy for dinner at sushi and she responded, "Yeah!  I so happy I go sushi wiff Daddy!"

Recent Achievements:

She can count from 1-9, after 9 she always says 4.   So I can't say she can count to 10 just yet.

She knows the ABC's song and is very interested in learning her letters.

She loves to sign and knows a number of songs.  Her favorites are Happy Birthday, Rock-a-bye Baby, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Twinkle Twinkle.  She sings Patty Cake and Wheels on the Bus to the babies at daycare.

Reesie's Favorite Things:

Mommy!  She is such a mommy's girl!

She loves all her Aunts and Uncles, but she has a soft spot for Uncle Ja.  She is infatuated with him, it's adorable.  She loves her Shaw-Shaw too and asks to go see her pool and Ruffie.  Ruffie bit her finger when she was 1 and to this day, when my sister asks if she wants to see Ruffie, she says, "He bite my finger."  She loves dogs and gets her fix between Ruffie and Jill's puppy, Smalls.

Her princess blanket! She usually wants to sit in her "comfy spot" on the couch, with her princess blanket while watching a show.  Her favorites are Dora, Max & Ruby (Robee as Reese says), Bubble Guppies, and Yo Gabba Gabba.  When she does something like put a lid on a cup, or put a toy together correctly, she sings the "we did it, we did it" Dora song.

She loves the water and has warmed up to swimming so quickly.  About a month ago, she wouldn't get in the water unless I was in the pool.  Now she will jump in and float all over the place with her arm floaty on.  She still can't get where she wants, but she is comfortable and loves it.

Daycare, Reese loves her daycare and it makes me so happy.  Daycare feels like her second family, she adores Angela and her girls.  She never wants to leave when I get there to pick her up.  Angela and the girls came over for Reese's birthday and the pure excitement on Reese's face was adorable.  Reese often calls me Ashala (Angela) when we first get home because she is so used to asking her for things and not Mommy.

The golf course, she loves to go see "Uncle Buck", the bartender who Sam has officially named.  She likes to see Uncle Buck because he gives her peanuts to eat.  The yummy greasy salted ones...what's not to love?

I realize I could go on and on..so I'm going to stop.  I think this is a pretty good re-cap of our sweet two year old!

~Newborn~

~ 1st Birthday~

~2nd Birthday~

I think it's easy to see how much we love and adore you Reesie Girl!  Thank you for filling our hearts with so much love and happiness.  I am so excited to see you evolve into a big sister!  

No comments: