Reese comes up with the cutest things, I find myself laughing and smiling non stop. The other morning on our way to daycare, our conversation went like this.
Reese: where we going?
Me: To Angela's house
Reese: YEAH!!!! Angela's house. The kids coming to see me!
Reese: Mom, say arrrrrgh like a pirate. I take your picture.
Me: Arrrgh
Reese: Good job. Good girl, mom!
After a fun filled weekend of seeing a lot of friends, Reese woke up very tired on Monday morning. She would barely open her eyes, and the first things out of her mouth in her raspy morning voice was, "Mom, who's coming to see me today?"
She has started to call me Stace, and she will ask..."Your name is Stacey?" She has also started to call Sam by his first name, which Sam will respond and say no my name is Daddy. Reese responds, "No you Sam."
She is interested in learning her letters, but is clueless as to what is what. It cracks me up because for instance she will pick up an I and proudly say, "its a A for Zebra!" Again, clueless but she will get there.
This past weekend we made the mistake of telling Reese we were going to a festival. Their was an art and wine festival downtown, but we never made it. She got it in her head that we were going to a "butterfly" festival and was not pleased that we didn't go. I'm pretty sure she got the butterfly part from a Dora episode. She work up this morning, semi crying..."I need to go to the bestible."
Reese is in a bad habit of crying out for my in the middle of the night. So we are semi sleep training again. The other night, after the 2nd crying attempt, I went in her room and said "Reese, it's night time, Mommy needs to sleep." Reese responded, "First I need to rock." All she wants is to snuggle and be rocked...so incredibly sweet, it's hard to resist. A few nights later she told me, "I need to rock a couple days."
Sam was playing around with Reese and he said, I love you Reesie Girl. Reese didn't respond exactly like he would have hoped, she responded with, "I love Mommy." She is the ultimate Mama's girl!
She calls this little stuffed animal dog at daycare Wuffie. She asked to bring Wuffie home yesterday, and of course Angela let her. On the way home, she put her sunglasses on Wuffie and she proudly proclaimed, "Ladies and gentleman my Wuffie and my sunglasses!"
Reese asked me what my sunglasses are. I said, they are my sunglasses. She said, no what color are they. I said, gold. she responded, "Oh I love gold!". Such a girl!
Reese is a music kid. In the car she will ask us to turn on the music and if it's something she doesn't like she will ask for a new song. Or she will tell us "that's not my favorite", which happens to be one of her favorite things to say right now. On long car rides she asks to watch Charlotte's Web. I find it amusing that she tries to sing the "I can talk, talk, talk, talk, TAAAALLLLLKKKK!" song...very fitting for this little chatter box!
I've been compiling this post for weeks...I guess it's officially time to post!
No comments:
Post a Comment