Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Where has the time gone

I feel like we have blinked and Camryn is suddenly 10 weeks old!  Fastest 10 weeks of my life.

I am so behind on documenting these first months, and I'm too exhausted to remember all the things I wanted to document so here is the best recap I can come up with!

Auntie Shaw-Shaw to the rescue:

As I mentioned in my previous post, my mom was unable to stay with Reese while we were in the hospital so my sister stepped in and filled her role which was extremely nice of her.  She stayed with Reese so Sam could stay with me and Camryn in the hospital.  I cannot thank her enough.  I'm so grateful to have a sister who would do anything for me.  She is the reason I wanted Reese to have a sister and my wish came true.  We love you Shaw Shaw!
 
The Name:

I'll be honest, Sam and I do not agree on names...we threw out every name in the book and couldn't find a name that sounded right.  We knew the middle name would be Blakely regardless if it was a boy or a girl.  We really wanted this baby to also have the honor of having his or her brothers name.  Up until 2 weeks before Camryn was born we thought if we had a baby girl we would name her Quinn.  Sam had a sudden change of heart and no longer liked the name.  So here we were, in the hospital on day 3 I believe with no name.  At one point Sam reluctantly said, lets just name her Quinn.  He was not comfortable with the fact that she was nameless....but Quinn wasn't feeling right. 
Camryn was the only other name that we had talked about as a possibility for a boy or a girl and something clicked and it just seemed to fit her.  We thought we would call her Cami for short, but that isn't sticking, at least not for now.  Reese started the trend of calling her Cams and that is the nickname that has stuck.  I call her Cam Cam, Reese calls her Cam or Cams or simply baby Camryn and Sam tends to call her Cammer Time.

Sisters:

Reese is really a great big sister.  She is so incredibly gentle with Cam and always says she loves her so much and wants to hug and kiss her.  Jealousy is just starting to set in.  The second Camryn isn't in my arms, she will ask if she can snuggle with me.  it's the sweetest thing and of course can't resist!  Camryn truly lights up watching Reese play, run and jump around.  When Camryn's first smiles were coming out, she would give the biggest ones to Reese.  I love seeing the bond that is already forming. Anytime someone asks Reese how Camryn is her first response is, "She cries a lot.".  Sadly this is true...pretty much if Cam isn't eating or sleeping she is crying.  This is starting to change and she is staying happy for longer stretches, but she is a pretty cranky baby.  I blame her tummy...she is so so gassy.  knock on wood I think she is growing out of it a bit now that she is nearing the 3 month mark.

Sleep:

Camryn fooled us.  She came home from the hospital sleeping 5 hour stretches and really being a great baby.  After about 2 weeks she started showing her true colors!  she wanted to eat every 2-3 hours and just didn't want to sleep.  We are working on her making it longer stretches between food during the day and it seems to be helping her sleep at night.  we are also working on her sleeping during the day...slowly things are improving and i now have hope that she will become a good sleeper!  If she has a gassy tummy...you can forget sleep.  If she is having a good night she will sleep from 9 to 1 sometimes 2, nurse and go back down until 4 or 5ish.

Stats:

At 6 weeks Cam was 10lbs 5oz and 23 1/4 inches.  Reese was 1 oz heavier and but only 22 inches at 6 weeks.  Blake at 1 month was 11lbs 6 oz and 23 1/4 inches.  The girls are clearly smaller, but Camryn has the lead to be taller than Reese!  Cam had a check up today and at 10 weeks she is weighing in at 12lbs 7oz and is 24 inches. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son. I admire your strength and courage. We lost our little boy last May, he was 17months and not a day goes by that miss him terribly and cry. We have a 5yr old son and 3 year old daughter and had also had numerous miscarriages in between so life has been tough and now grieving the loss of our precious little boy. I ask myself all the time, will I ever be happy again? I struggle to acknowledge niece and nephews birthdays, let alone attend any function (forced myself take my son to a couple of his kinder friends parties late last year). I know I need to because I don't want my living children to suffer further and miss out. My husband says all the time that he will never attend another function again for as long as he lives. Can I ask how did you and your husband deal with going back to some sort of normality after loosing your son?

To find yourselves being able to smile and laugh again? To go out and bring some normality into your lives.

I struggle when with friends - how can I laugh and be happy when my adorable boy is not here and then I stress when meeting new people in case they ask the dreaded "how many children do you have" question (my oldest just started school). We do things with our children, take them out and to the park etc but its just incredibly hard without our little boy. Like you we talk about our son all the time, we have pictures every where but every day is hard. thanks for listening and all the very best to you and your family. The pictures are absolutely adorable. xx