Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

To My Sweet Angel Boy

To say I miss you is an understatement...I miss every single little detail that you brought into our lives...It seems the smaller the detail, the more I miss it and long for it...how precious are the little things.

I miss your sweet little face

I miss your huge bright smile, and seeing your eyes light up

I miss hearing you squeal in excitement when I walked in the room

I miss hearing you say "Hi" when we opened your door

I miss your "this" and "no this", and that little finger you would point to show us the "this" you were talking about

I miss your giggle

I miss the sound of you playing, especially the sound of your golf club tapping the hard wood floor as you walked around

I miss hearing you "bop-bop-bop" when you were all done eating

I miss getting you ready for bed...and the big snuggle I would get once you were in your jamies

I miss holding you in my arms, caressing your soft little cheeks, and kissing your temple

I miss simply everything that was you

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Thank you for sharing these memories of your sweet Blake. I would love to read more about Blake and the ways this precious little boy touched your life. You are a strong woman and such an inspiration to me!
Thinking about you and sending prayers for you and your family,
Jessi

JAMIJANE said...

STACEY AND SAM---WHAT BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES--PLEASE KNOW THAT BLAKE LIVES IN OUR HEARTS AND YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS---WE LOVE YOU, JANE

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey~
I have loved reading your list of memories that I know you can continue for pages and pages....I can just picture you giving your sweet lil boy kisses on his cheeks and hearing him giggle. I love you!Liz

Jessa said...

Thank you for sharing this, Stacey, it was beautiful.

Mands Glenn said...

Thinking of you always. He was a special boy that is for sure. Thanks for sharing. Miss you

Anonymous said...

Stacey I cannot even begin to know how you feel. I do not know how to comfort you but I wanted to tell you things I miss.

I miss seeing him at moms house playing ball.

I miss watching him jump off the kids table laughing.

I miss seeing Dad light up when Blake was exited to see Dad.

I miss having him jump on my lap, I only did it one time and quit because I thought it would be a bad habit because he was so heavy. ( If I could I would let him jump for hours!)

I miss the smell of his head, sweaty b.o.

I miss watching him play kick ball.

I miss his smile.

I miss pics that you would send me.

I miss not seeing him with you.

ECCLESIASTES 4

THERE IS A right time for everything:
A time to be born, a time to die;
A time to plant;
A time to harvest;
A time to kill;
A time to heal;
A time to destroy;
A time to rebuild;
A time to cry;
A time to laugh;
A time to grieve;
A time to dance;
A time to hug;
A time not to hug;
A time to find;
A time to lose;
A time for keeping;
A time for throwing away;
A time to tear;
A time to repair;
A time to be quiet;
A time to speak up;
A time for loving;
A time for hating;
A time for war;
A time for peace.

Stacey cry when you need to cry, hate when you need to hate. laugh, love, repair, hug, heal, plant, dance, for Blake.

To honor Blake's life we must live life to the fullest that we can.

-Jason

Anonymous said...

My dear super sister
I can't find the right words to tell you how heart broken I am for you and sam. Our sweet Blake should be here with us however God had a different plan. Even though I was with you in your sorrow I can't imagine how the two of you feel. I can only pray for your strength and courage to get through this. I keep remembering rolling around with Blake at grandmas that weekend on the dinning room floor. His sweet smile followed by this this this. How he would love and kiss me even though he hadn't seen me in weeks. Oh ya and his dimples and I'm not just talking about his face! Your precious boy is so dearly missed and will live in our hearts forever! Please tell me how I can help you through this.
I will be there for anything you need.
I love you so very much!
Shawna

JAMIJANE said...

Stacey and Sam -- you have a blessing in being surrounded by such a loving family--Jason's message was a comfort to all of us--wish we all could do more for you -- Jane

Jenny said...

Stacey I'm so very sorry you have had this loss. Thank you for searching me out and no it wasn't out of line at all. I haven't read your story yet but I wanted you to know I'm here and ready to talk whenever you need me. I'm going to email you a little later as well, see if you facebook?
hugs
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Sam & Stacey,

Our family continues to say prayers for your little Blake as he smiles down on you from above. Hope you are finding some sort of peace in all the joyful memories you shared, and a way to manage getting through every day to day life. Wishing you strength and serenity.

The Brush's

Molly said...

Hi, I am Valerie's Sister-in-law, and thought your blog link on hers was a different Stacie...when I clicked on it and the first post was about missing your little boy, I couldn't help but read your sweet words. Then I realized you were her friend that she spoke of that had lost her precious son. I hope you don't think this is totally weird to write to you, but I was just so moved by the love you expressed for your sweet boy. I too am a mother (of 3) and reading all about your sweet son of course hit so close to home thinking of my own little boy (almost 2)..I can't stop crying thinking about what you have been through and are going through. It is every mother's worst nightmare I am sure. I respect and admire your courage and strength and ability to lean on and trust God through this deep trajedy. I just wanted to let you know that. I think you remind all moms of how important it is to hang on to those small things and to always be faithful no matter what happens because God does have a plan for each of us. Your son truly is absolutely adorable. His sweetness shows through his photos! And the wonderful mother you were to him shows too. I pray that you will somehow be able to find peace and know that you will see your baby again someday. My heart truly goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I was dancing to Earth, Wind and Fire today and was thinking of Blake and our last dance together in My Dad and Allisons house. Sarah was so blessed to have so much fun that weekend with her darling cousin Blake. She sure does miss him and the memories she so wished they could have shared. He will always be in our hearts and we think of his beautiful spirit, and yours, everyday. Hot Mamma, Hot Dadda. We miss you and love you. Deb, Rick and Sarah