Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Balloons for Blake

This past weekend would have been Blake's 2nd Birthday.  We knew the day would be very difficult to say the least, so we did our best to set it up in a way that would help us get through the first year of celebrating Blake's Birthday without him.  We surrounded ourselves with family and friends to help us survive the day.  No distraction could fully take away the pain and heartache we feel every day, but it is good for our soul to be reminded that we have so many loving people in our life. 

A friend of a friend reached out to us when Blake passed away.  This friend has continued to reach out to us over and over again.  It's simply amazing for someone who hasn't even met us, who doesn't really even know us, to be this strong consistent person in our life helping us through our grief.  She sent me an email on Blake's birthday to share with me what her boys did to honor Blake's 2nd Birthday.  She had her boys pick out any balloon they wanted.  She told her boys the balloons were for a very special little boy in heaven. Her oldest son Cooper responded, "Blake is so lucky!  He gets to have a birthday party with God and Jesus and the angels!  Do you think God made him a birthday cake?".

Yes Cooper, I do think God made him an amazing birthday cake and I do believe he is one lucky little boy....I just wish we could have celebrated with him.


Thank you Jessi for giving us a great idea for the birthdays to come!

7 comments:

Kenny and Barbara Abeloe said...

We also do this every year on my Mom's birthday. The boys send their grandma Balloons to wish her a very happy birthday in heaven. may you find many things to comfort you as the days go on...
xoxo
Barbara Abeloe

Hulst mommy said...

Such a sweet idea! We will definitely have to send some to Blake too!!!

Mands Glenn said...

Sweet idea. I was thinking about you on that special day Stace. I think you should keep the tradition going. Happy Birthday Sweet Blake Boy.

Tanya said...

what a great idea!! I'm sure he had an amazing birthday too :)

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome! Everytime Ryan has seen balloons since we sent ours to Blake on his birthday, he asks "Boons...ake...veven?" Its almost as if he understands something I don't! XO

Braley Mama said...

Love you sweet sister, and keeping you both in my prayers!

Jenny said...

What sweet pictures! I was just thinking of you so had to say hi and see if youve blogged lately. I need to write you back on facebook but its being a pain. I so miss our sweet toddlers :'(