Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Capture Your Grief- Days 2 & 3

I have a feeling I will be playing catch up this whole month trying to complete this challenge...so bare with me.

Day 2: Before Loss Self Portrait



Young in love, and naive to the world…that was us in 2005.  I am still amazed by what can change in a short 5 years.  Had we known what our future held, I’m not sure I would have said, “sign me up”…but now that we have lived it, I would do it all again because every trial we have faced has led us to where we are today. 19 months with our sweet boy on this earth is better than nothing. I owe so much of who I am, especially the mother I am to him and what he has taught me.  He is my constant reminder any time I start to lose my patients with Reese (which unfortunately happens a lot right now.  I think the terrible two's are hitting early, but I'll save that for another blog)...he keeps me grounded, and constantly reminds me what is important and what things I need to just brush off.

Day 3- After Loss Self Portrait




Not as young, still in love, and no longer naive.  We are still the same people, we just have clearer view on life and what is truly important, not to mention a few more wrinkles and I’m sure some years have been shaved off our life from the pure panic and stress we endured.  A good friend recently told me that she is proud of us for having a smile on our face and for being able to genuinely have fun.  I am proud of us as well, because there were moments we were not sure that would ever happen again.


No comments: